Monday, September 21, 2009

I was chatting with lady in the break room while heating up my lunch. She said, "It's amazing how I get impatient having to wait 3 minutes for my food to heat up. I remember when we heated everything in the oven and it took half an hour." I chuckled because I too remember that time. Certainly I was a young person (younger than 5 years old), but I do remember. In fact, it was Christmas, 1982 when we got our first microwave. I know this because my brother was an infant. I also got a pink motorcyle that year.
Anyway, we chatted some more about TV Antennas on the roof, VCRs with corded remotes and other antiquated technological treasures. It made me think of how far we have come.
My nephew is almost 12. He has always had a microwave, cable and CDs. Rap music has always been mainstream and a TV show containing curse words is not completely off limits. Someone in our family always had a cell phone. Things have truly changed from when I was a child.
I wonder what life will be for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment